This fall, Leadership Academy returns with new trainings across the state. All elected PSE chapter executive board members (Presidents, Vice Presidents, Secretaries, Treasurers, Membership Officers) are invited.
Dates and locations
Saturday, September 30 – Weston High School, 172nd Street Northeast (Arlington)
Saturday, October 7 – 1211 S 332nd (Federal Way)
Saturday, October 21 – 12420 E 32nd Ave (University HS, Spokane)
Saturday, October 28 – 5929 West Metaline (Tri-Tech – Kennewick)
Saturday, November 4 – 20601 NE 167th Avenue (Battle Ground)
Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Lunch will be provided.
You will learn:
- How to better understand what your elected role is and how to do it more effectively
- What supports and processes are available to assist you to serve members in your important role
- How to better understand the grievance process
- How to help build a stronger chapter
- The best Point of Contact (POC) for various situations
You will be able to:
- Have more confidence when working with management
- Help handle a step 1 grievance
- How to run or contribute/participate in an effective chapter meeting
- How to effectively communicate with chapter members
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Network with other leaders; learn tips and tricks and shortcuts from successful leaders
- Understand better the real purpose(s) of a true chapter leader – it is not what you think!
- Better understand the challenges and opportunities for chapters to be proactive and grow their members in the coming years
- Have a chapter specific plan to effectively prepare for the challenges and seize the opportunities ahead to strengthen your chapter
- Provide input on how to improve New Leadership Academy for next year
All elected PSE chapter executive board members are invited to attend any one (1) regional New Leadership Academy. We encourage you to attend New Leadership Academy with other members of your chapter’s executive board! Specific training location addresses will be communicated soon separately after registration.
Mileage to the city of the nearest training that is over 50 miles will be reimbursed by the state. The maximum mileage that will be reimbursed is the distance from your residence to the nearest training. Check with your chapter on availability of funds for reimbursement of mileage less than 50 miles or when attending a regional training not in your area. Friday night accommodations will be provided by the PSE State Office upon request for attendees driving more than 100 miles to the training location closest to their residence, or those using a ferry or toll bridge. Please request accommodations during registration.
This year, Leadership Academy is open to all PSE chapter executive board members regardless of time in office. In future years, only newly elected chapter executive board members be eligible to attend.