Before Convention every year, PSE members come together for some valuable training at the Leadership Training Expo (LTE). This is an excellent way to grow in leadership and to learn more about our union.
Below, you can find copies of the presentations given at each of the workshops in the most recent LTE.
LTE Sessions (2016)
- Bargaining Prep – How to set your bargaining team and chapter up for success at the bargaining table.
- Meetings…Now that one is scheduled, what do I do? – Tips for success for both officers and members.
- Understanding SPED laws and how they apply – Tips for handling difficult situations when dealing with students as they pertain to the laws that govern them.
- Standards/Common core testing – Giving you a better understanding of what the standards are and why they are important.
- Bargaining Strategies – Educate your bargaining team; develop proposals that will strengthen your contract and membership.
- Social Media – Member involvement and union benefits outside of the contract – Getting members involved; social media; PSE/SEIU benefits.
- Negotiations – Combining bargaining prep and strategies at the bargaining table.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention – With a focus on prevention, this training program equips you with proven strategies to safely defuse anxious, hostile, or violent behavior at the earliest possible stage.
- Focused Leader Development for Officers (President, VP, Treasurer, Secretary, and Membership) – Giving leaders the opportunity to foster relationships with other leaders and brainstorm ideas for making their chapters stronger.