Governor Jay Inslee declared March 14-18, 2016 is Classified Public School Employee Week, continuing a tradition started in 1975 by PSE to recognize the contributions of educational support professionals in the public school system.
Order the number of posters, certificates and copies of the Governor’s proclamation that you would like for the buildings in your district free of cost. Or, download and print the Governor’s proclamation directly.
You can also download and distribute certificates of appreciation electronically. There are two versions of each, one without a name and one where you can type the recipient’s name before printing:
- #Classified [no name] or #Classified [with name]
- #HigherEd [no name] or #HigherEd [with name]
- #Exempt [no name] or #Exempt [with name]
Then, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and join the conversation using #Classified, #HigherEd and #Exempt! It’s a great way to honor school support employees and share the hard work they do to keep our schools smarter and safer.
Here are just a few suggestions of ways to celebrate:
- Provide recognition to classified staff at a meeting.
- Host an after-hours social reception
- Purchase PSE Gifts – Visit the PSE store and purchase inexpensive gifts and PSE-logo merchandise for employees.
- Publicize this week-long event in district newsletters, bulletin boards, reader boards, and other publications.
If you’d like PSE to cover or feature a Classified School Employee Week celebration put on by your district or chapter on our website, social media, or The VOICE Newsletter, contact Communications Coordinators Travis Tingvall and Lloyd Chang.