As normal, once the Operating Budget was approved, the legislature concluded the session. Though a fix to school levies was also necessary to get out, the $52.4 billion operating budget is the final step. With the exception of paraeducator training only coming in at two days rather than the four we wanted, it was a tremendous session for PSE members. Here are the most significant gains this legislative session:
- SEBB (School Employees Benefits Board) agreement fully funded,
- WWU (Western Washington University) and CWU (Central Washington University) contracts fully funded,
- PEBB (Public Employees Benefits Board) agreement fully funded,
- Union membership laws that responded to Janus by updating laws to reflect among other things, new technology,
- SERS (School Employees Retirement System) / PERS (Public Employees Retirement System) new employee default option changed to Plan 2,
- Two days of paid paraeducator training.