Be a part of something bigger. Learn how your job is funded. Have a say in your future.
From affordable and quality health insurance to state-funded training for paraeducators, it all begins in Olympia. No state does anything close to what Washington is doing for Education Support Professionals (classified employees) during this legislative session, and this is your chance to be a part of the political process.
PSE’s Legislative Conference is a dynamic, two-day educational experience over in our state’s capital that teaches you how school employees are funded, how the Legislature works, and how your voice is an integral part of improving the lives of ESPs everywhere.
PSE SEIU Local 1948 is awarding 100 scholarships to attend this engaging and educational experience!
Don’t miss the opportunity to:
- Meet and network with fellow members from other school districts and universities
- Discover the latest legislative developments and how to use your voice to create change
- Attend diverse workshops covering how to lobby, workplace safety, political advocacy and involvement, how to research issues and speak to elected officials, and more
Each scholarship includes registration, hotel stay (double occupancy), and mileage/travel* and meal reimbursement.
*Please note that there will be bus service running from Tri-Cities and Spokane to Olympia. Recipients of the scholarship from Eastern WA may ride the bus free of charge to and from the conference.
- You must be a member of PSE SEIU Local 1948 in good standing (signed up on the dual authorization form)
- You agree to attend activities and report back on the experience
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first come first served basis to small chapters (chapters with less than 100 members) – up to two scholarships per chapter. If there are scholarships still available, they will be awarded on a first come first served basis to chapters larger than 100 members who didn’t send a member to the 2018 Legislative Conference – up to two scholarships per chapter. Finally, if there are still some remaining scholarships, they will be awarded to chapters sending more members to the 2019 Legislative Conference than they sent to the 2018 Legislative Conference – no more than two per chapter.
Applications must be received by December 14, 2018. Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out the form below to apply for a scholarship. Applications will be reviewed and verified in the order in which they are received. Recipients will be notified if they are selected to receive a scholarship by December 15, 2018. PSE will not share or sell your information to any outside organization.
We’re on the verge of accomplishing so much for ESPs , so join us over Martin Luther King, Jr. Weekend and help us deliver it!