The PEBB (Public Employees Benefits Board) is the board responsible for developing insurance plans for state and higher education employees, plus nearly 3,000 K 12 employees. This board is the model for the SEBB (School Employees Benefits Board).
At yesterday’s PEBB meeting, the Board set the stage for final decisions on 2019 insurance plans at next week’s July 25 meeting. Based on my experience, what was presented and discussed yesterday will be approved at the next meeting. Here are the major takeaways from the meeting:
- UMP Classic (55% of subscribers) medical insurance plan subscriber premium payment increase is $5 per month (4.9% increase).
- Kaiser Value (15% of subscribers) increase is $10 per month (12.8%).
- Kaiser Classic (10% of subscribers) increase is $6 per month (4.4%).
- UMP Plus (9% of subscribers) is going up $5 per month (11%).
- UMP CDHP (7% of subscribers) stays the same.
- Dental, Life, and LTD (Long Term Disability) show little to no increase – these are all employer paid insurances.
- UMP Plus plan will no longer be offered in Grays Harbor County.
- Employees who have not yet signed up for optional LTD or have it but want to change may get a special opportunity to sign up or change in 2019 without having to show evidence of insurability.
Here is the complete package of information for those who would like to go through the many details shared at the meeting.