Governor Jay Inslee declared March 12-16, 2018 as Education Support Professionals Week (formerly Classified Week), continuing a tradition started in 1975 by PSE to recognize the contributions of Education Support Professionals in the public school system.
Order the number of posters, certificates and copies of the Governor’s proclamation that you would like for the buildings in your district free of cost. Or, download and print the Governor’s proclamation directly by clicking here.
You can also download and distribute certificates of appreciation electronically. There are two versions of each, one without a name and one where you can type the recipient’s name before printing:
Here are just a few suggestions of ways to celebrate:
- Provide recognition to classified staff at a meeting.
- Host an after-hours social reception
- Purchase PSE Gifts – Visit the PSE store and purchase inexpensive gifts and PSE-logo merchandise for employees.
- Publicize this week-long event in district newsletters, bulletin boards, reader boards, and other publications.
- Nominate an outstanding fellow member for a PSE Award – Visit the Awards page to view the categories and submit a nomination today!
If you’d like PSE to cover or feature an Education Support Professionals Week celebration put on by your district or chapter on our website, social media, or The VOICE Newsletter, contact Travis Tingvall.