The 2017-19 Capital Budget includes $802 million in total appropriations and alternative financing authority for higher education facilities, including $419 million in state general obligation bonds. Of the total spending authority, $433 million, including $216 million in state general obligation bonds, is provided for the community and technical college system. $369 million, including $203 million in state general obligation bonds, is provided for four-year institutions.
Funding is provided for a variety of major projects, including:
- $24.2 million for the replacement of the Burke Museum at the University of Washington (UW);
- $10 million for the academic component of the new Population Health Sciences Research Building at the UW;
- $38.1 million to construct Phase II of the Global Animal Health Building known as the Allen Center at the Washington State University (WSU);
- $9.9 million for renovation and addition construction of the Aviation Program facility at Central Washington University;
- $67 million for construction of the Interdisciplinary Science Center at Eastern Washington University;
- $8.7 million for the upgrades to Critical Power, Safety, and Security Systems at The Evergreen State College (TESC);
- $5.6 million for renovating and consolidating the Health and Counseling Center at TESC;
- $35.1 million for the Professional-Technical Education Center at Big Bend Community College;
- $33.3 million for the Center for Advanced Manufacturing Technologies at Clover Park Technical College, of which $28.6 million is funded with alternative financing;
- $37.8 million for the Science, Engineering, and Technology Building at Edmonds Community College;
- $23.4 million for the Health and Life Sciences Building at Highline College;
- $24.9 million to renovate the South Wing of the Main Building at Spokane Community College; and
- $34 million for the Learning Commons at Whatcom Community College.