CALLING ALL CANDIDATES!
If you are interested in serving on the PSE Board of Directors, here’s your opportunity to become a candidate.
The PSE Board of Directors consists of four state officers and 13 zone directors elected at convention to serve a two-year term. This year, elections will be held for Vice President, Treasurer and for Directors from the following zones, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13.
All board members are volunteers who work regular classified jobs. They receive reimbursement for expenses, paid release time from their jobs when necessary, and a $50 per day fee to attend certain meetings. Board meetings are held 4-6 times a year, often on a consecutive Saturday and Sunday. To qualify for office, candidates must be active members in good standing.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Vice President shall provide such assistance to the President as requested; shall, in the absence of the President, perform duties of that office; and in the case of permanent disability or resignation of the President, shall succeed to that office for the unexpired part of the term.
It shall be the responsibility of the treasurer to oversee the management of, and report on, PSE’s finances to the Board of Directors and general membership. The treasurer shall monitor the budget and regularly review financial transactions to ensure compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, laws and regulations. The Financial review committee, under the direction of the treasurer, who serves as chair, shall advise and assist the Executive Director in formulating sound, prudent financial plans, controls and funding priorities to be presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
Sets policy and organizational goals, adopts legislative positions, ensures audits, approves the annual organizational budget and reviews the performance of the executive director. Budgets for and plans PSE activities for the zone. In addition to attending all the required board meetings.
HOW TO ANNOUNCE YOUR CANDIDACY
Members interested in running for an office must complete a DECLARATION OF INTENT TO RUN. Individuals may declare their candidacy ahead of time or from the floor at convention. In both situations, the Candidate Statement Regarding Campaign Funding form must be completed. To simplify this process, both the Declaration to Run and Statement regarding funding forms have been combined into one document. The forms will be made available at the registration table during convention and must be turned into Jody Davison.
If you choose to announce your candidacy ahead of time and wish to have your statement and photo printed in the Convention Guide, as well as posted on the PSE Website, please follow the instructions below:
Complete candidate packet that includes the fully completed Declaration of Intent to Run form (be sure to sign the Affidavit, affirming no funds used on the bottom of the form or it will be considered incomplete).
Candidates may submit optional information:
- A candidate photograph submitted as a high-resolution jpeg file
- A candidate statement which shall not exceed 250 The statement should provide your qualifications for the office and the reason(s) you are running. (typed please)
- An electronic file that will be displayed during your speech at convention (this file can be submitted ahead of time or at convention. PSE staff cannot manipulate, adjust or format the file for display on the large screens. You must format the file for wide screen yourself. If you choose to have a presentation display, please provide it on a jump (stick) drive.
If you wish to run from the floor, please follow the direction below:
- Complete the Declaration of Intent to Run and sign the affidavit on the bottom of the form and turn into Jody Davison.
- An electronic file that will be displayed during your speech at convention (this file can be submitted ahead of time or at convention. PSE staff cannot manipulate, adjust or format the file for display on the large screens. You must format the file for wide screen yourself. If you choose to have a presentation display, please provide it on a jump (stick) drive to Jody Davison.
The Nominating Committee recommends that you file early so members have an opportunity to learn about you and about your views prior to election. To have your statement published on the PSE website and included in the convention brochure, your candidate packet must be received no later than May 31st, 2017 by Close of Business (5:00 pm)