The PSE Board of Directors on Nov. 6th reached agreement with Executive Director George Dockins to continue providing vision and demonstrating leadership to our 30,000-member union through December 2020.
“The Board is very supportive of George’s leadership,” said President Charlotte Shindler. “We have the utmost of confidence in him and the management and staff teams that he leads. Our Union is stronger today as a result of George’s work on behalf of the membership.”
George Dockins has served as PSE Executive Director since Nov. 2008. Prior to that, he served on the Board for many years, including three years as President.
According to Shindler, PSE finances are very strong under Dockins’ leadership. The membership is growing. Recently, more staff have been hired to provide increased service and representation. Opportunities and programs for members are also increasing.
“With George overseeing operations of our Union, PSE is making the right decisions and is headed in the right direction,” Shindler added.
“The Board concluded George has the right experience to continue leading PSE for four more years. We are highly confident that he and his phenomenal PSE staff team will continue working together passionately for the benefit of the entire statewide membership in the years to come,” she said.
As Executive Director, Dockins:
- Serves as the general manager of PSE;
- Oversees all budgeting, accounting and financial practices of the organization;
- Provides leadership to 54 professional staff of PSE;
- Formulates goals, objectives, priorities for the statewide organization; and
- Ensures the delivery of highest quality services possible to PSE members and chapters.