Did you know that SEIU awards over 50 scholarships that help PSE/SEIU 1948 members and their children receive education at colleges, universities, labor study programs and technical schools? It’s just another way that unions help working families fulfill their dreams.
Applications for 2015-2016 are now available at seiu.org/scholarships and can be submitted online. The deadline for submissions is March 2, 2015. Winners are notified in late spring and announced on SEIU’s website.
General eligibility criteria:
- Scholarships are open to SEIU members or their children.
- Membership must be for three continuous years as of Sept. 1, 2015.
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to the sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or disability of any applicant.
- All awards must be for the academic year(s) awarded.
- Graduate students are not eligible.
- Officers and employees of the International union and their children are not eligible.
- Scholarship awards are limited to one per household.