Governor Jay Inslee declared March 11-15, 2013 as Classified School Employee Week continuing a tradition started in 1975 by PSE to recognize the contributions of educational support professionals in the public school system.
Here are just a few suggestions of ways to acknowledge these valued employees:
- Share the short video – Take a moment and forward this video to your coworkers and friends that says thank you to all classified staff.
- Display this poster – Please feel free to order the number of 2013 Classified Week posters you would like for the buildings in your district.
- Distribute certificates of appreciation to support staff. Please indicate on the order form and we will provide certificates for you to personalize and present at luncheons or meetings.
- Provide recognition to classified staff at a school board meeting and read the Governor’s proclamation.
- Host an after-hours social reception – Your local PSE chapter(s) would be happy to help. Also consider partnering with your local PTA.
- Purchase PSE Gifts – Download the order form for available gift and PSE-logo merchandise (and for the above items). Consider ordering inexpensive gifts for your employees.
- Publicize this week-long event in district newsletters, bulletin boards, reader boards, and other publications.
Please take the time to say ‘thank you’ to the classified staff in your district. They will appreciate your efforts!
Kim Wilson, PSE President